About Wake Forest Christian Church
The Red Chalice with the White Saint Andrew's Cross was chosen as the symbol of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in 1969. It reflects the importance of communion as the heart of our worship. The cross is a reminder of the ministry of each person and the importance of sharing the Gospel of Christ. The chalice is also a reminder of the denominations Scottish Presbyterian Ancestry.
Core Values of the Disciples of Christ Denomination
- The confession of faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
- The Hospitality of the Lord's Supper, an open table for us all.
- The ministry of all believers. Everyone is called to servant ministry.
- The love of unity. Unity is our special recognized vocation as Disciples of Christ. While we cannot create unity between all Christians, we gratefully acknowledge it.
- We participate fully in ecumenical life and work.
- The justice of God. No one is less to God than any other. Men and Women serve equally in ministry and positions of Church leadership.